Thursday, November 5, 2009

Brainscab Review= The Element: Mind Sludge


This is probably in my experience in the metal world the best kept secret that has not been signed to a label. Rafa and Co. have a masterpiece that any true fan of metal needs to get their hands on. Being very heavy on the instrumentation in accordance to the progressive nature of metal for the listener to enjoy and share to the world. “Climbing Up The Stairs”, “City Of Angels”, “Pentatonic Rain”, “One Way Part I”, “One Way Part II”, “Thoughts”, “Breaking Chains”, “Same What”, “The Truth In The Eyes”, “Winds Of Autumn”, “Seventh Day”, “Utopia Part I”, and “Utopia Part II”, will send you on a journey that reminds me of some of the guitar masters that I grew up with. (Toney Malcalpine and Vinnie Moore, just to name a couple) Being majestic as well as dramatic in nature this first effort from The Element will enthrall all listeners and I do believe becomes a fan instantly. (Just Like I did my first listen)

As an extra bonus there are two covers as well that are very hard to find but I got them when I received theses recording. “Kashmir” the Led Zeppelin classic and in my opinion the best version I have ever heard as a cover for a song. “Flight of Icarus” The Iron Maiden Classic that will go great with any fans collection of covers.

http://www.myspace.com/theelementprog

No comments:

Post a Comment